Friday, November 27, 2009

Ceramic Flat Ironing help / relaxed hair?

I'm african american and puerto rican with soft / fine hair past my shoulders. I get my hair relaxed and would like to know what cream or conditioner (salons) use to flat iron african hair with. I get it done at the salon and it looks great, but when I wash my hair and use leave in conditioner to flat iron my hair with, it looks dull and doesn't come out very straight. What should I use? water based products dont mix well with heat. If you're a hairdresser or know alot about black hair please help me :D



Ceramic Flat Ironing help / relaxed hair?

I am also biracial (african american and mexican- my kids are puerto rican). I can totally relate to you. I loved going to the salon and coming out with that silky hair only to try it at home and it eventually gets all puffy in the humidity and doesn't look AS good. After trying TONS of things over the years the best thing that I use that I LOVE and wish I knew sooner was the CHI flat iron (it is ceramic which we know is less damaging to the hair). My Natural hair (new growth) blends in with the relaxed hair. I come to the point that I don't even need to relax my naturally kinky hair with the CHI. I get compliments because people really think I go to the salon to get my hair done because the CHI flat iron leaves my hair silky- no joke!



This is what I do: 1.) Wash the hair and leave the conditioner in for about 5 mins (Pantene for Women of Color or Aveda Brilliant Shampoo and Conditioner). 2.) I leave in Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Resturing Treatment for about 15 mins. 3.) Apply CHI Silk Infusion (dime size to quarter size amount depending on how long your hair is) evenly throughout your hair. This is not heavy and won't weigh your hair down. 4) Blowdry my hair with a wide tooth comb (It doesn't come out really straight, but I am not pulling a lot of hair out from a smaller comb). 5.) Put another dime size to quarter size amount of CHI Silk Infusion in the hair evenly. 6.) Spray the following on my strands each time PRIOR to putting the CHI flat iron in my hair: Aveda Brilliant Damage Control (or Motions Heat Protector), Isoplus Oil Sheen, and Soft n Shine Hair Polish Spray. Spray each LIGHTLY and don't soak the hair. Then go ahead and put the CHI flat iron in and as you get to the end of the strands turn it like a curling iron for that nice flip look. 7.) When done with the hair (work it from back to front) I then spray all over lightly Aveda Brilliant Spray on Shine with Vitamin E. Aveda's is all plants and flower stuff.



The CHI flat iron and the CHI Silk Infusion can be found at a JC Penny. My flat iron came with a bottle of Silk Infusion. I got mine on sale for $99 and the regular price is $129. It comes with a 1 year warrenty. It is a good investment. Also, trim your ends every 6-8 weeks (I trim my own with some salon scissors- can be bought at Sally's, Walgreens, CVS). Also, wrap your hair up EVERY night with a satin/silk scarf because that is what keeps your hair looking good. To grease my scalp I use Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectact Pomade. Good Luck!



Ceramic Flat Ironing help / relaxed hair?

Matrix sleek looks... It has 5 steps that make your hair look shiny and get straight with out damaging it..



Ceramic Flat Ironing help / relaxed hair?

you should try blended beauty's straight pearl and straightening glaze to straighten your hair i think this will help u a great deal and it is supposed to leave your hair straighter for longer.



go to www.blended-beauty.com and have a look

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans