Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hot Oil Treatment...help!!!?

I bought a pack of TCB Hot Oil Treatment and followed the instructions to a T...and ended up with a mess of lard in my hair.



Here's what i did:



I shampooed and rinsed my haire. Towel blotted. Put in a tube of the hot oil and massaged into hair. Then i took a warm damp towel and wrapped around my head for 5 minutes. The instructions said rinse with warm water (and thats the last step!). I rinsed. I had greasy white stuff on my hands and wondered what the heck i did to my hair. I've never done this stuff so excuse my hair ignorance. I rinsed and rinsed but it was so damn greasy and the stuff was all under my fingernails! I ended up washing it out and it was still oily later. Even now its a little oily. My hair is shinier, yes, but so wieghed down. What did i do wrong?



P.S. I have african american hair that's relaxed.



Hot Oil Treatment...help!!!?

I have never heard of a "Hot Oil Treatment" doing this. They have been around for many years. The only thing I can think would be something to do with your hair having been relaxed and maybe the chemicals didn't mix and gelled the oil.Try using cooler water when shampooing and rinsing your hair while trying to get the oil out. It will eventually come out. I wouldn't suggest using this again. If you still have the packet, write or call the number on the back and tell them what happened. It is important for them to have this type of feedback to make their products safer to use.



Good Luck.



Hot Oil Treatment...help!!!?

I think maybe you used too much oil - or maybe the product works against your hair, not with it. You really aren't supposed to put the oil on your roots either - did you do that? All of these things could have combined to give you a hair mess. Chuck it, IMO. You should run out and get the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo - it works great to relieve product buildup.



I think the V05 Hot Oil Treatment is really good too - I use it a lot!!! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans