Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brush vs. Comb?

I've heard that brushing your hair can cause damage your hair. Which is better - a comb or a brush? Esp. for african-american hair...



Brush vs. Comb?

DO NOT BRUSH! I haven't brushed in AGES lol! I heard a "denman" brush is good though *shrugs* idk what's so great about it



Anyway, ALWAYS use a wide tooth comb! Black hair is very easily damaged (esp if there is a relaxer in it). You can use a detangler if your roots get tangled.



I know you didn't ask about this, but i usually give this answer:



First of all, keep your hair moisturized. This is as simple as wetting it in the shower, or wetting your hands and running them through your hair. DO NOT buy any moisturizer that has MINERAL OIL or PETROLATUM! care free curl gold and s-curl are popular moisturizers. Do NOT use that Pink lotion!



2)use a wide tooth comb(SPARINGLY!!!) to avoid hairs breaking.



3)Wash your hair AT LEAST!!!!! once a week with shampoo. I wash mine with JUST conditioner sometimes too.



4)after shampooing, DEEP CONDITION by putting condish on your hair and putting a plastic cap over it and leaving it on for 15-30 minutes



5)massage your scalp daily



6)do not put any oils or "grease" on your scalp. Same goes with hair.



7)Try to relax your hair less. Every 8-10 weeks or longer!



8)You know your hair is breaking because if you look on the ends you will not see a white bulb. If you DO see a withe thing on the end, that is just shed hair. You shed 100 hairs a day, so it's all good. If it IS broken hair, do a protein treatment (use Organic Roots Stimulator mayonaisse or Aphogee 2 minute)



9)Try to put your hair up. Or protect your hair by leaving it in braids. DO NOT LEAVE BRAIDS IN TOO LONG or you will loose your hairline!



10)Do not limit your hair care products to the "ethnic" section of walmart. A lot of that stuff is crap *cough* Motions *cough*



Brush vs. Comb?

When I wash my hair I use a comb



but I would use a brush.



The brush can damage the hair if you wash the hair instead of combing it.



I use combs if I am parting my hair



curling the hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans