Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm an African-American woman who after let's say 20 years of wearing a relaxer- has decid

My hair is shoulder length now and I'm in the process of growing it out. I've had short hair before so I'm not nervous about the cutting, I'm more nervous about how I'm going to look and what's underneath. I've been wearing a perm for so long that I don't know my own hair texture. My mother said it was nappy as a child, but I don't believe anybody has "nappy" hair. Some is curled more tightly than others. I just need some advice, tips and encouragement on taking the plunge!



I'm an African-American woman who after let's say 20 years of wearing a relaxer- has decided to go natural.

I am a natural black woman so I understand exactly what you're going through right now. Congrats on making this decision. I did the big chop in November 2007 down to 1/2 inch of hair. That was really short for me!! I was scared of looking like a boy, but excited about finally seeing the real me. I recommend you go to nappturality.com and join. I am on that site it is really good for learning out your hair and what to do with it. My advice, whether you cut soon or not, just remember to keep your hair conditioned and moisturized. I wish you luck on your journey and feel free to message me if you have any questions.



Edit: I just realized our avatars are twins!!!!!



I'm an African-American woman who after let's say 20 years of wearing a relaxer- has decided to go natural.

Do it! woo, good for you! Afros are cute, and youthful.



I'm an African-American woman who after let's say 20 years of wearing a relaxer- has decided to go natural.

I have been getting relaxers for 10 years now. One time I even got the Japanese straight perm just to try it. Well, when I want my hair to stay natural and curly, the curls will stay in for a couple hours but they end up falling and become more like waves. My hair never used to do this before I started relaxing. I have not relaxed in over 2 years and still it falls into waves. I am mixed with black and white though so it might be different for you. Good Luck!!!



I'm an African-American woman who after let's say 20 years of wearing a relaxer- has decided to go natural.

May I direct you to this web forum about women who are in the same position as you. Go to the natural hair care section and read the threads. Hopefully this was helpful! http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/



I'm an African-American woman who after let's say 20 years of wearing a relaxer- has decided to go natural.

I had a perm the whole time growing up until about 4 years ago. I let the perm grow out and just continued to get it flat ironed (with flat irons not a pressing comb) and eventually the perm grew out. Just continue to clip your ends to promote health and quick growth. It took me over a year to grow it completely out but it was worth it because i was able to keep my length. Ask a professional what you could do. and also ask about deep conditioning while your hair is being transitioned.



I'm an African-American woman who after let's say 20 years of wearing a relaxer- has decided to go natural.

I think you should go for it...not only I think you will look cute and pretty, especially when an African american woman do her hair like that, it's nice to wear big hoop earings, or a big danging earring! Here are some videos on natural hair( I am a black woman myself), and I wanted to do this look also...



Here are the videos



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxcHbV_sD...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmczzMY95...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8lXLJOby...



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans